Service Technicians Steve Spires, Brian Woltz, Paul Lykins and Ryan Canter. Service technician Stephen Haley, Jr. was unable to participate in this year’s event due to Ohio Air National Guard obligations.
More than a dozen Jackson residents will stay warm this winter, thanks to the help of some local volunteers.
This past weekend, mechanical service technicians from Geiger Brothers participated in the Heat’s On Project, providing free furnace inspections for low income senior and disabled homeowners.
The four technicians that participated performed preventative maintenance on furnaces and boilers, which ensures they are operating efficiently to keep fuel cost as low as possible. Additionally, heat exchangers and safety controls were inspected and tested to confirm safe operation.
“It’s just our way of showing good will back to the people in the community,” said Brian Woltz, Geiger Brothers’ Service Manager.
The volunteers also inspected smoke detectors in the homes, replacing old batteries and added smoke detectors where needed.
Geiger Brothers would like to thank Callahan’s Do-It Best for donating the furnace filters for the project and West Virginia Electric for donating smoke detectors and batteries.
Geiger Brothers’ service division repairs, services and maintains all makes and models of air conditioning, heating, and plumbing equipment and fixtures.
You wouldn’t drive your car 100,000 miles without changing the oil. The same logic holds true for your home comfort system. Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and peak performance. Pre-season maintenance is also important. It can help to avoid a system failure in severe hot or cold weather when you need it most, and it can also keep your energy bills from getting out of control.
WHEN SHOULD I DO FURNACE MAINTENANCE?
- For a system that heats and cools: perform maintenance in the spring and fall
- For cooling maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the cooling season
- For furnace maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the heating season.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO CLEAN/CHANGE MY FILTER?
- You should always double-check your owner’s manual for specific recommendations, but generally speaking it’s best to clean or change your filters once every 3 to 9 months.
- Remember, regular cleaning/changing of your filter will ensure the best filtration, increase the life of your machine, and give you peace of mind that you’re breathing easier.
For more information about Geiger Brothers service division, please visit our website.