You wouldn’t drive your car 100,000 miles without changing the oil. The same logic holds true for your home comfort system. Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and peak performance. Pre-season maintenance is also important. It can help to avoid a system failure in severe hot or cold weather when you need it most, and it can also keep your energy bills from getting out of control.
WHEN SHOULD I DO FURNACE MAINTENANCE?
- For a system that heats and cools: perform maintenance in the spring and fall
- For cooling maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the cooling season
- For furnace maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the heating season.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO CLEAN/CHANGE MY FILTER?
- You should always double-check your owner’s manual for specific recommendations, but generally speaking it’s best to clean or change your filters once every 3 to 9 months.
- Remember, regular cleaning/changing of your filter will ensure the best filtration, increase the life of your machine, and give you peace of mind that you’re breathing easier.
For more information about Geiger Brothers service division, please visit our website.